The Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson Airport is undertaking significant sustainability initiatives; this is an opportunity for the SIG to learn first hand what is being implemented at the world’s busiest airport. This is a very special behind the scenes look; the tour will include stops at locations seldom accessed or viewed by non-airport personnel.
The tour will guide attendees to see the fire station, international terminal, security, concourses F & E, viewing tower, airfield, land site for green acres park. Note, ATL is the first airport in the world to retrofit all of its lights to LED lighting on the airfield.
SPEAKER: Jamilia Tanner, Assistant Director- Aviation Maintenance and Liza Milago, Senior Sustainability Planner. Ms. Jamilia Tanner brings over 18 years of experience in facility
management, project management, airport maintenance and engineering. She
is an Airport Professional with nine years of experience at a large
All attendees must provide a copy of drivers license in advance, for security pre-screening. NO EXCEPTIONS. These are due to Tierra Copeland, no later than May 16.
Separate directions will be provided to the meeting point, where there will be ample parking, as GPS will not guide you to this location. Directions can be found below. Once the tour begins, we will be using airport-provided shuttles and no early departures from the tour will be possible due to the locations on the tour.
Directions to Technical Support Campus : 1255 South Loop Road, College Park, Georgia 30337
From Downtown Atlanta:
- Take I-75/I-85 South
- Continue on I-75 at the I-75/I-85 Split
- Exit 238B – I-285 West
- Stay in right lane and follow signs for Loop Road
- Continue following signs for I-285 West
- Finally there will be a decision point (fork - exit left for I-285 West or stay right for Loop Road).You want to STAY RIGHT on Loop Road.Go through one traffic light – the Technical Campus is the first left turn lane past the stop light/Gate 59. Take a left into the Tech Campus.
From East Atlanta:
- Take I-285 South
- Get off I-285 at the I-75 exit.
- Follow signs to I-285 West/Clark Howell Hwy/ Loop Rd.
- Continue along the Loop Rd. service road through two lights.
- The Technical Campus is the second building on the left., just before theroad closure signs.
From South of Atlanta: (I-75)
From the Airport:
- Take Airport Blvd toward I-85 North, stay in the right lane
- Exit Right onto North Inner Loop Rd.
- Continue on N Inner Loop Rd, crossing over Aviation Blvd, and road then becomes South Inner Loop Road.
- Stay on S Inner Loop Rd until you see the “Road Closed” signs.
- The Technical Campus will be on your left (grey stone w/ blue awnings)
From Camp Creek Parkway
- North Loop to Sullivan- Past Fedex, Post Officeetc.
- Travel south on Loop Road crossing over Aviation Blvd.
- Continue travel south on Loop Roadto Tech Campus.
From Riverdale Road
- Cross over I-285, go to first light which is Sullivan Rd., and make a left.
- Take Sullivan Rd., to Clark Howell Hwy.
- Make a left which will take youback across I-285.
- Stay in the far left lane.
- Follow the signs to Loop Rd.
From Sullivan Road
- Make a left at Riverdale Road, which is the first light.
- Follow Riverdale all the way around until you see the entrance ramp for I-258E.
- Stay in the right lane.
- Go under the bridge structure and continue on I-285W. until you see the sign for Loop Road.
- Travel along Loop Rd. by-passing Clark Howell Highway.
- Continue through to the first traffic light.
- The Tech Campus is the first building on the left after you come through the light.
The Green Real Estate Network is for individuals who want to further
their knowledge of green and sustainable practices. These meetings
allow attendees to network with leaders in green and learn more about
sustainability in the commercial real estate industry.