BOMA Georgia 2017 TOBY Award Program
Each year, BOMA Georgia presents TOBY (The Outstanding Building of the Year) Awards to some of Georgia’s top buildings. The TOBY Awards recognize excellence in building operations and management. The awards are presented annually at the TOBY and Association Awards Luncheon in February each year.
Building Entries represent the best in building operations and management across 15 categories. These include:
- Corporate Facility
- Government Building
- Historical Building
- Industrial Office Building
- Medical Office Building
- Renovated Building
- Suburban Office Park (Low-Rise)
- Suburban Office Park (Mid-Rise)
- Under 100,000 Square Feet
- 100,000-249,999 Square Feet
- 250,000-499,999 Square Feet
- 500,000 – 1 Million Square Feet
- Over 1 Million Square Feet
Steps For Entrant
- Learn about 2017 TOBY Award Program Entry Requirements. Then, download, complete and submit the Intent to Enter form at your earliest convenience by email to BOMA Georgia Manager of Communications and Membership Jacob Wilder. You must download this form and complete it on your own machine. You are not entered into competition until the Intent to Enter form is completed and returned and payment is received by the BOMA office. If you have questions, call (404) 475-9980.
- Pay online, or send a check or request invoice from BOMA Georgia for your $175 local TOBY entry fee by November 21, 2016. Email Manager of Finance and Membership Beth Abbott with questions or to request invoice. If payment has not been received or an invoice has not been requested by November 21, 2016, your application will not be judged.
- Read carefully! Register your building and complete your application online at http://toby.boma.org. When you are ready to submit your building for local competition, you must enter the coupon code GA2017. To do this, select "Coupon Code" from the "Card Type" drop-down menu on the payment screen. This will allow you to submit your building for local competition without paying regional/international entry fees. Note: Once local competition concludes at the TOBY and Association Awards Luncheon, your application will be released by BOMA International for your review and updating.
SHARE YOUR DATA: Entrants must share their data with BOMA International using ENGERY STAR's Portfolio Manager. Here is how...
- Send your competition photos via email (Dropbox, WeTransfer.com, etc.), jump drive or CD to Jacob Wilder by November 21, 2016. If submitting by CD or jump drive, mail it to BOMA Georgia, 5901-C Peachtree Dunwoody Road NE, Suite 300, Atlanta, GA 30328 or deliver in person to the BOMA Georgia office.
- Check your calendar and prepare! Additionally, you may want to review the building inspection forms below for your category of competition. These forms are used to determine if your building meets BOMA International's minimum score of 70 to compete.
See the TOBY Resources section for entry requirements, application judging forms and building inspection forms for all property types.
Notes For Judges
TOBY judges are comprised of property managers, facility manager, engineers and property vendors and service providers. To be a TOBY Judge, you must first join the TOBY Judging Committee. Membership in BOMA Georgia is required. To join the committee, complete and return the committee sign-up form, or email TOBY Committee Liaison, Jacob Wilder
Next, you must attend the mandatory judging workshop. Once you have joined the TOBY Committee, you will be invited to the required workshop date below. Add it to your calendar! This workshop is required, no exceptions.
Wednesday, November 16, 2016 | 10-11:30 a.m.
Check your calendars! TOBY Judges should be prepared to make the following time commitments:
- Attend the mandatory workshop listed above.
- Be prepared to serve as a TOBY proctor (an impartial third party between the judging team and the property entrant). Proctors for 2017 will be selected by the TOBY Committee leadership, but requests to proctor will be considered.
- Be available for TOBY application judging occurring Monday, December 12, 2016-Friday, December 9, 2016. Application review and judging is self-paced, but application judging sheets must be returned by Friday, December 9, 2016.
- Be available for TOBY building inspection tours (building judging) occurring Monday, December 12, 2016-Wednesday, December 21, 2016. Your proctor will arrange a two-hour tour between the entrant and you and your fellow judges. Please allow three hours for travel.
- Be available, if needed, to participate in TOBY counseling starting on Monday, February 20. All winning and non-winning local entrants will receive an application review from selected TOBY judges and proctors that prepares them for next year’s competition or regional entry.
Please note that available judging slots are limited. The TOBY Committee Leadership attempts to place all workshop entrants on a judging team, but this is not guaranteed. Occasionally, unplaced judges are asked to fill in or participate in other portions of the TOBY Program.